2023 PCF PEC Survey Quality Assurance Plan Submission Deadlines and Requirements
folder_openQuality Assurance Plancalendar_todayPosted February 20, 2023
The Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) serves as a guide for survey vendors as they develop and update their procedures and materials for implementing and complying with the Primary Care First (PCF) Patient Experience of Care (PEC) Survey Vendor Quality Assurance Guide. All survey vendors for the PCF PEC Survey must submit a QAP by 5:00 PM ET March 17, 2023.
Vendors must log-in to the PCF PEC Survey web portal to submit QAPs using the "Submit Quality Assurance Plan" page under the "Vendors" tab. Step-by-step instructions are available in a Quick Link on the website here. The PCF PEC Survey Team will review QAPs. If further clarification is needed, the PEC Survey Team will work with the survey vendors to obtain the necessary information.
The vendor’s QAP should include the sections listed below. The requirements for these sections are detailed in the PCF PECS Vendor Model Quality Assurance Plan Outline.
- Organization Background and Staff Experience
- Work Plan
- Survey Implementation Plan
- Data Security, Confidentiality, Privacy Plan, and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Questionnaire and Materials Attachments
Please note: Only QAPs that follow this outline will be considered for approval. The vendor’s approach to each section should be organized within the body of the QAP itself with any supporting information included in an appendix as needed. The use of embedded documents within the QAP is prohibited.
To ensure prompt review of your QAP, please follow the steps below:
- Locate the version of your most recently approved QAP; that is, the version that was accepted by CMS and the PCF PEC Survey Team in 2022.
- Make a copy of that version and accept all tracked changes, creating a clean copy of your QAP.
- Make all 2023 updates to your clean copy using track changes, so that your document reflects only the changes made since your most recent approved QAP.
- Make sure to include updates to your QAP if your organization has had changes in PCF PEC Survey personnel, capabilities, systems, and/or changes to protocols or procedures.
- Make sure your QAP follows the format shown in the Model QAP posted on the PCF PEC Survey website. Also make sure that you provide information for every topic included in the Model QAP.
- Before submitting your updated QAP, check it carefully to make sure that it reflects all PCF PEC Survey protocols disseminated via announcements posted on the PCF PEC Survey website and/or described in the latest version of the Quality Assurance Guidelines.
Vendors with questions should contact the PCF PEC Survey Team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-833-997-2715.