PCF PEC Survey CATI Reminders
folder_openOther Announcementscalendar_todayPosted November 13, 2023
Telephone follow-up for the PCF PEC Survey begins on November 20, 2023. The PCF PEC Survey Team would like to highlight the following reminders about CATI for the PCF PEC Survey:
- Survey vendors may submit an Exception Request Form to extend CATI data collection until December 19, 2023. The ERF must be submitted by EOD on November 30, 2023. Please see this announcement for more information.
- Survey vendors must attempt to obtain phone numbers for the subset of patients in the sample for which a phone number was not provided. Survey vendors shall use a secondary source, such as phone matching services or software, directory assistance, and other phone directory applications. Vendors should take steps to ensure the telephone numbers provided by the service are associated with the patient in the sample file.
- Survey vendors must provide Spanish-speaking Help Desk personnel. Sufficient Spanish-speaking personnel, commensurate with the volume of Spanish speaking population of their client practices, must be provided.
- Survey vendors must provide Spanish-speaking telephone interviewers commensurate with the volume of Spanish-speaking population of their client practices.
- Survey vendors must provide training for all telephone interviewing and Help Desk staff prior to beginning telephone survey data collection activities. If the survey vendor subcontracts with another firm to conduct phone interviewers, the survey vendor is responsible for attending/participating in the subcontractor’s interviewer training to make sure the subcontractor complies with the protocols, procedures, and telephone interviewer guidelines established for the PCF PEC Survey.
- Properly trained interviewers are thoroughly familiar with the phone survey protocol and procedures, skilled in general interviewing techniques including enlisting cooperation, refusal avoidance, and proper handling of the proxy interview protocols. Please review the PCF PEC Survey Telephone Interviewer Guidelines and confirm your staff are thoroughly trained on these topics.
- Survey vendors must conduct an interviewer certification process—verbal, written, or both—for each interviewer and Help Desk personnel prior to permitting the interviewer or staff member to make or take calls on the PCF PEC Survey.
- The training and certification process should be conducted as close to phone follow-up as possible to help interviewer staff remember the information.
- Telephone interviewers must be certified in each language that they will be administering the survey in (i.e., bilingual interviewers must be certified in both English and Spanish).
- Documentation of training and certification of all telephone interviewers and Help Desk staff and outcomes is due to the PCF PEC Survey team for review by 5:00pm ET on Friday, December 8, 2023.
Vendors with questions should contact the PCF PECS Team via e-mail at email@example.com or call 1-833-997-2715.