Virtual Site Visits for All PCF PECS Vendors with Active PY21 Practice Clients
folder_openOther Announcementscalendar_todayPosted September 15, 2021
Virtual site visits for all PCF PEC Survey vendors with active PY21 practice clients will be conducted to ensure compliance with all PCF PECS requirements. The PCF PECS team will email vendors information about the proposed date, any area(s) of concern, and specific vendor personnel who should be in attendance. The PCF PECS team and the vendor will schedule the site visit at a mutually agreeable time.
Generally, the PCF PECS virtual site visit team will consist of two to four individuals. The visit will be conducted through video conference calls either as a 1-day meeting with breaks or over 2 consecutive days, each with approximately 3-hour meetings. If a subcontractor is used in a substantial role, the virtual site visit will include at least one video conference call with the subcontractor.
Approximately one week prior to the virtual site visit, the PCF PECS team will send a Site Visit Agenda specifying the documents or other resources the vendor is expected to present during the video conference calls. Examples of such documents/resources may include but are not limited to:
- a video “walk through” of the physical area used for interviewing, mailing, or data processing
- a document “step through” of the systems and processes used from the point of receiving the sample patient file to preparation of a final data file
- software/programs in downloading and storing the sample patient file
- review of telephone interviewing monitoring logs
- walkthrough of methods used for tracking contacts made and status codes
- documentation and observation related to SPAM flagging
- a review of documentation of the above steps
- interviews with the survey vendor’s key PCF PECS project staff, including the project manager and data manager
- a discussion about the Help Desk voicemail and email
- walkthrough of the systems in place to protect the confidentiality of electronic data received from PCF PECS Survey Team and survey data received from patients
Both the PCF PECS site visit team and the survey vendor staff will sign a Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA). The CDA states that all staff must maintain confidence or restrict the disclosure of all proprietary information received or observed during the site visit. No personally identifiable information (PII) or protected health information (PHI) about sampled patients will be shared during the site visit.
After each site visit, the PCF PECS team will prepare and submit to CMS a Site Visit Report, which will summarize the findings from each site visit, including any deficiencies and problems observed and remaining. The Site Visit Report will also describe corrective actions that the survey vendor will be required to take to correct any deficiencies or problems noted. The PCF PECS Team will provide the survey vendor with the Site Visit Report after it has been reviewed with CMS project staff.
Vendors with questions should contact the PCF PECS Team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-833-997-2715.