Reminder: PY 2023 PCF PEC Survey First Interim Data Submission Deadline– October 23, 2023
folder_openData Submissioncalendar_todayPosted October 16, 2023
The first data submission window for submitting interim data to the PCF PECS website is Thursday, October 19 to Monday, October 23, 2023, by 7:59 p.m. ET. Please see this quick link for instructions on uploading the interim data file. Data submission resources are available on the PCF PECS website. A list of common data issues found during PY 2022 was provided in the July 2023 PCF PEC Survey Vendor Newsletter- please review prior to submission.
Note the important points provided below.
- Survey vendors should start submitting their data files as soon as possible after the window opens, to allow adequate time to re-submit data, if needed. You may submit files as many times as needed as long as the final file submission is successfully uploaded by the deadline.
- It is recommended that vendors use the XML Schema Validation tool on the Data Submission tab of the website. This online tool will allow survey vendors to "pretest" their XML files to determine if they will pass many of the validation steps, before actually uploading the file to the Data Submission Tool.
- It is recommended that files include the name of the vendor in the file name. Example: RTI_ZZ9900_2023.xml.
- Vendors will submit one XML file per practice site. Each XML file must contain one header record, a patient administrative record for every sampled patient, and a patient response record for every patient with questionnaire data.
- Survey vendors can select either a single XML file or a single ZIP file that contains 1 XML file each from multiple practice sites. Do not include more than 1,500 XML files in a single zip file.
- Check your Vendor Authorization Report to make sure that all client practice sites have authorized your organization to submit data on their behalf.
- Each time a data file for a vendor is submitted, it overwrites any previously submitted data for that same vendor.
- You must still submit an XML data file for all practices and include each sample member even if not all sample members have completed their PEC Survey at the time of submission.
- Final Survey Status codes will be required even for interim data submissions. For interim data submissions ONLY, use 270 (Pending) for those cases that may not yet had all contact attempts and may still complete between interim data submission and final data submission.
- After each file upload, you will receive an email confirmation within several minutes notifying you whether the upload was successful.
- All submitted files will go through validation checks. After the validation check is conducted, you will receive a second e-mail confirmation message notifying you whether your file has been accepted or rejected. The confirmation e-mail message will contain a hyperlink to a Data Submission Report, which shows details of the validation check and any file errors that were identified.
- Survey vendors can access the Data Submission Reports on the project website by selecting "History" through the "Data Submission Reports" link in the Data Submission menu.
- If you do not receive an e-mail message confirming that your file was successfully uploaded, an e-mail message providing the results of the validation checks, or you cannot view the Data Submission Reports on files that you have submitted, please contact the PCF PECS Team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMS will not accept any data files for the first interim submission received after 7:59 p.m. ET on October 23, 2023.
For additional information about data file preparation and data submission processes, please review Chapter 7 of the PCF PECS Quality Assurance Guidelines available under the Survey Materials tab on the PCF PECS website. The full data collection schedule is also on the PECS website. Please contact the PCF PECS Team via e-mail at email@example.com or call 1-833-997-2715 if you have any questions or trouble submitting data files.